Every Jean Claude Van Damme film explains why he has a funny accent. He’s French. He’s Belgium. He was raised in the bayou by wolves. It’s the same for Ryan Gosling – except in every film they explain why he can’t act. Let’s look at the evidence…
- Bladerunner 2049. He can’t act ’cause he’s a robot.
- La La Land. He can’t act ’cause he’s too obsessed by jazz.
- The Place Beyond The Pines. He can’t act ’cause he’s dead.
- Crazy Stupid Love. He can’t act ’cause he’s busy working on his abs.
- Drive. He can’t act ’cause he’s got a cool jacket.
- Half Nelson. He can’t act ’cause he’s on crack.
- The Notebook. He can’t act ’cause you can’t tell the difference between Ryan Gosling and the timber he uses to build a dream house!
In short, unless you’re looking to remake Lord of the Rings and need someone to play a tree, Ryan Gosling can’t act.
But that doesn’t stop him from trying. And that perseverance is something we can all admire as we can’t run, swim or ride a bike we keep trying anyway.
So, God bless you, Ryan Gosling, you’re an inspiration to the hopeless everywhere!