My plan for May was not to have any mileage goals but instead complete a number of events:
- Helensborough 10K – I was hoping I’d get under 45 minutes for one of my 10K’s this month. I surprised myself by managing it in the first race. Link here
- Bealach Na Ba Race 44 mile race (with the aim to do the climb twice) – My aim was to beat Andrew but he beat me due to a puncture. We didn’t do the climb twice due to the puncture. Link here
- Loch Leven half marathon – the aim was to beat Andrew but he beat me easily! I was happy with my time so I can’t complain…too much. Link here
- Antonine Trail Race 10k – great race. I’ll sign up for the half marathon when it becomes available. Link here
- Caledonian Etape 81 mile bike – My aim was to beat Andrew but he cheated 🙂 Link here
- Dumbarton 10K – I didn’t make it to this race which I think is the second time I’ve entered it but not made it to the start line.
- Shettleston 10K – Last race of the month. I was tired and hungover but my time was okay. Link here
The theme of the month was “My aim was to beat Andrew but….”
Thankfully, despite these losses, the Todd Championship is still close. It’s currently 4-3 to Andrew. Overall, I enjoyed the races and got PB’s for the biking so it was a good month.
My plan for June is not to have a plan. Iron Man Edinburgh is the next goal (at the start of July) so I’ll concentrate on keeping everything ticking over so that I’m fit and healthy.
I also don’t want to let Andrew know what my plan for this month is to ensure I win! I have a secret idea….
Here’s a selection of photos from May. If you want to see more then follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/twinbikerun/